Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 1

First few weeks at AIIMS. 


It was not easy to cover up everything in a month and be ready for the toughest exam of my life (the first of its kind) especially after relaxing at home for nearly 9 months.

I joined AIIMS on 7th September, 2007. If i had been a little late, i would have been more lucky as my first mid -semester exam would have been exempted, but unfortunately i happed to be too excited to leave home early for further studies.

The first day at college was a rather unusual one. I was introduced to my neighbour, Nizic (name changed) by my senior. I followed Nizic, where ever he would go, until i totally got pissed off with where he was taking me; into the class again !!!



The Day was Friday and Friday is a day where we have classes of all the subjects and addition to that a Physiology seminar. My dad insisted me to wear a shirt and black formal pants with black shoes.

As far as i remember that was not the first time i was wearing a shirt. The last time i had worn was when i was around 13 yr old. I was new to the class and the shirt was new to me.

But who cares ? The only thing i knew in that first class was ACTIN and MYOSIN ; some stupid proteins of muscles. Everything revolved around these two words, even the seminar but these two topics never ended. Believe me Actin and Myosin are more than just what we study in class 12 biology.

During the seminar, i followed my class mates and reached the seminar room in the Physiology Dept. When the seminar got over, i had to stay back to talk to the professor. it took me a while to finish talking and by that time all of my mates had already left. I was all alone in front of the seminar, didn't know where to go and which way will take me back to my sweet room.

After wandering in the corridors for a while, i figured out the way myself and went back to my room just to lie my dad that the first class was very interesting. Believe me, many people say the first few days during MBBS is an adventure,.. i say the entire life of a MBBS student is an adventure..you never know what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment