Saturday, July 10, 2010

Train to Med School

With excitation of getting into AIIMS, i left home with a wide smile. I didn't know much about the reputation of AIIMS in India until some senior Doctors told me about it. I was never more happy.
The feeling of becoming a Doctor, and the feeling that one day i will be wearing a white coat with a snake hanging around on my neck swept me away.

It was Rajdhani Express for the first time, and no sooner we reached the train station at NJP, we heard Rajdhani  will be 12 hrs late. Three of us, my dad, my friend Sonam (name changed) and myself shifted to an inferior train North East Super Fast Express. By its name we thought it will reach us in superfast time but that was not the case. We reached delhi 12 hrs late.

In the train, Sonam told me things that he heard from some of his teachers in his school. They told him that eunuch will come at night and they will ask for money, and if we don't give them, they will open their clothes and do many thing with us. Those days to see a eunuch was the greatest excitement for me, as i had never seen in my real life. I am still confused why they wear sarie and not dhoti in India?

That same night, when we all were fast asleep, some one was pinching my leg. I could also hear some voice but i was not sure if it was real. It was a AC train, so we had quite a luxury journey and expecting a eunuch in the train was totally not in my list. I put on the lights and Holy Shit! there was a eunuch, looking at me and pinching my leg. I freaked out. I kicked him/her. Then only he left. That was only un-holy thing that happened to me which totally freaked met out.

I always thought, train journey would be interesting as there would be people to talk to and friends and the comfortable bed-like-seat. To be frank the first time i traveled in a train, it was fun. Subsequently it started becoming boring. Now the name of a train makes me think of the never ending journey. After all who would  have ever thought i would visit home at least 4 times a year.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha duude this is the best thing ive read in a while.. waiting for more! there are so many things to write about.. where the patient will die.. which floor to jump from.. our experiences with medicinal grasses..
    Han

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading ur story:) awesome.......i want to hear more from u:)........ U had experienc different kinds of things in ur life ena..... I think u r so lucky ....

    ReplyDelete